Sunday, January 2, 2022

good riddance?

I am so on the fence about this past year.  Should I be distraught over the unexpected and awful loss of Ricky or should I remember the difficult times we got through and the birth of sweet Makenna?  There was so much wonderful in the last year, but I have a hard time seeing through the fog to recognize them.  

We headed down to my parents Thursday after a nice visit with Skeeter.  The kids and I figured some time down there would do us good and Jacob could desperately use some alone time.  I wish I could have gone fishing, but I am glad I didn't!  My dad, uncle, and cousin were out on the water from 8am to almost 5pm.  I would have been freezing and we definitely wouldn't have made it with a kid on board!  It was nice to see them bring in some rockfish, finally!

My aunt drove down to also be with us and spend the new year together.  She and my uncle stayed the night.  I didn't make it to midnight - who does anymore?  

The plan was to come home yesterday, but we decided to stay an extra day.  The kids go back to school Monday - so they say.  The weather isn't looking good.  Yesterday morning, we all loaded up in Uncle Shug's big tahoe and scoped out three different properties.  They are looking to get a second home closer to the bay.  It was cool and I couldn't help but dream of the possibilities of them being closer while we are at Mom and Dad's too.  

2021 was crazy.  I pray for a smoother 2022 that's for sure.  I also pray to keep in mind all of the wonderful we had last year, despite losing one of my best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment