Wednesday, January 19, 2022

last minute changes

We are supposed to leave tomorrow evening to go to Wintergreen to a house that Adrienne and Bill have gifted us for the weekend.  Their second home that they insist we use to celebrate Ricky.  A gesture of its own that cannot be matched.  There's a snowstorm coming, though.  Will we be able to get up the mountain after work tomorrow?  Who knows?

At the last minute, I told Jacob to see if he could get off work tomorrow so we can leave early instead.  I also asked my leadership if they minded that we were on the road a little in the morning and I would be online the remainder of the day once we got up there.  No worries for either of us, thankfully.  However, this puts a wrench into my planning as I have a lot more to prep and get done before we leave, while trying to work and do the daily grind.  

I am up late trying to get it all done, but feel that we will be ready to go in the morning.  Thank goodness my parents were here with Meade today and were able to help me.  They went to the grocery store for me and kept Meade occupied so I could work.  Once the workday was over, we had our normal Wednesday evening routine, but I was able to pack and get everything together in between it all.  We are so looking forward to some time away!

No comments:

Post a Comment