Wednesday, January 26, 2022

the real COVID VIP

Life is tough.  COVID makes it more difficult.  As I try to find little glimpses of gratitude in my life, I must say that the real savoir right now are screens.  As embarrassing as it is, I use them, way too often.  When I need a break, the kids get their kindles (or as they call them, their iPads).  No winning mom moment here as I confess this, but I am more than thankful for that damn iPad these days.  As much as I despise screens, the stupid things are my saving grace.  

As parents, Jacob and I will never be perfect, but we are trying to get stronger each day as a family.  Some days that doesn't involve screens.  Other days, my kids are immersed for hours on end.  I am sure we aren't the only family feeling this.  Maybe, by me being brutally honest, it can help someone else to realize that we are all doing the best we can and if that means screens, so fucking be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment