Saturday, January 15, 2022

double breakfast

I try not to eat breakfast.  I seem to be able to lose weight more I learned a couple of weeks ago, which was then pointed out as intermittent fasting.  Well, that was thwarted today, for all the best reasons!  

My neighbor, Sally, who has become a Godsend to our family asked to take me to lunch.  Instead, we made it breakfast because she had to speak at a funeral this afternoon.  So, we headed to Marty's.  It was such a nice time together.  We spoke about everything - especially about profound loss as they lost a son almost 30 years ago.  It is hard to explain how I feel about Sally because she really has gone above and beyond for us - we've only known her for a few months since moving.  In addition to just being wonderful, she and her family also have a home in Wintergreen, very close to where we are staying next weekend.  I can't wait to spend more time with them up there!

Late last night, Kristi texted to see if I could do a meal out.  I checked with Jacob and since I already had breakfast set, I told her I could do lunch.  I went ahead texted her when I got back from Sally and off we went.  So, a second breakfast at the Bell Cafe was had.  Both delicious and Jacob got tons of leftovers from both places!

I got home at about 1230 and immediately put pajama pants on for the rest of the day.  Lovely.  A nap and some puzzling - it doesn't get much better.  Plus, Kristi came over to puzzle with me after supper.  I am beyond thankful for today and the rest that I got, in addition to the special time with special people.

No comments:

Post a Comment