Monday, January 31, 2022

focusing on scripture

I think I have said a few times that when I need God the most, I tend to forget that He is there and I can talk to him at any time.  Several weeks ago, a friend from work reached out to me to see if I'd like to go through a bible study with her to learn more about how God can work for me.  While I was a little apprehensive, I know it can only help to make me a better person.

Tonight was our first time together.  My friend studies via the Jehovah Witness faith and I already know that I have different beliefs, but I am willing to learn anything, even if I may not agree with everything.  The best part is that I explained that to my friend and she was not offended in the least.  

My friend had sent me a guide to look at and one of the first things I noticed were the scriptures that help one in their journey of grief.  I gravitated to those in the bible that was gifted to me back in college.  It was nice to "get my feet wet" again, beyond just prayer.  I didn't want to commit to an entire hour, but it went by as if it was only ten minutes.  I have so much to learn and look forward to strengthening my relationship with God as my friend helps to facilitate my walk with the bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment