Friday, October 1, 2021

the most wonderful time of the year

I swear it is not just due to the fact that October is my birthday month, but October is by far my favorite.  Cool and crisp mornings return - I can begin wearing sweaters again plus outside exercise is bearable.  Weekends are inundated with football watching.  Normalcy has returned and routines of school are back in action. Nature is beaming with beauty.  Pumpkin picking and decorating is the norm.  Life just seems better as fall takes shape and October makes it happen.

Okay, yes, my birthday is in October, but I don't count that.  It is just another day among all of the greatness that this month brings.  The most special part about October of this year is what is to come.  Sometime in the next 29 days, Bethany and Phillip will be parents.  A beautiful little girl will be spoiled by grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, etc.  A dream that once seemed unattainable will be realized. My purpose in life over these last two years will be fulfilled.  

I had to take a small break from writing this because it got me all teary.  Look at all of the amazing we have to look forward to over the next several weeks.  So many cries, set backs, defeats, shots, pills, suppositories, times of heartache, procedures, lab tests, etc. will be forgotten because every one of them was overcome in an effort to be where we are right here, right now.  God put is here at this very moment, giving us perspective we probably never wanted to experience, but that we needed to be humbled as we move throughout life.  God is giving the most beautiful gift, at the perfect time - this October - for all of us to love and adore.  

Anne of Green Gables, one of my childhood favorites, says it best:



No comments:

Post a Comment