Friday, July 31, 2020

PUPO

Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise.  Today’s goal is to prove that we ARE!

I’ve never been so excited to get my bloodwork taken!  I was exhausted last night and after calling my parents when I felt so crummy Wednesday, I asked them if they would take the kids back to their house after coming to Mechanicsville for an appointment and staying for supper.  At first they said it wasn’t a good idea because they had hair appointments today.  However, I think they could tell I wasn’t feeling well and knew how helpful it would be.  All of that to say that I went on my 5 mile walk this morning and took a long, hot bath to prepare myself mentally for what is to come.  

I would be remiss if I didn’t feel some pretty strong nerves this morning as I departed for my walk.  My first two miles is always on my own before I meet my dear friend to finish the last three with her.  While walking alone, nerves were getting the best of me, but like I always do during that me-time, I put it in God’s hands.  He confirmed that if I wasn’t feeling nervous, something would be wrong with me.  The walk and nice bath were just what I needed, until shit hit the fan.

My grandfather wasn’t feeling well last night and after my brother told him that I said he needed to call 911, Art still refused to go to the ER.  Well, this morning he was much worse.  I called him and told him I was calling 911 and that he MUST go to the hospital.  On my way to my appointment I was trying to get all of that straight, asking that he be brought to Memorial Regional vs. Williamsburg, what a freaking debacle!  Then, as I tried to grab my diet coke on the way, the jerk that I often don’t see was behind the counter, as he has been all week, and was beyond rude (he is always rude, but today I wasn’t in the mood).  Before throwing my cup in the trash, I said very loudly “you don’t have to always be such a dick.”  Well, that will require an apology next time I see him.  However, I will ask that he work on his customer service skills directly after I apologize.  I can’t be the only one he treats like shit.

All of this is to say that I was at my appointment at 745 on the dot.  This drives me nuts – I am ALWAYS early!  Going through the motions was easy, now it is just a waiting game (as if it hasn’t already been for the last year almost)!

No comments:

Post a Comment