Saturday, July 11, 2020

triggering

I have been trying to relay all of this information with not truly understanding what "triggering" means.  I know it is a shot and will indicate that 36 hours after the donor receives the trigger shot, the egg retrieval will happen.  To wrap my head around it all and maybe help you, too, this is what I learned:

In order for the donor to be ready to be triggered, her estrogen levels need to be right long with the follicles at the proper maturity.  The trigger shot is administered for final maturity and release.  For the retrieval, the eggs will be aspirated during surgery.  Bethany and Phillip will get a third of the eggs retrieved.  The same day those are retrieved, all of B/P's eggs will be fertilized with Phillip's sperm and will fertilize over night.  For me, the trigger means that the transfer will be scheduled 7 days from that time, 5 days after retrieval.  

So much science that I have to trust and believe in!  

No comments:

Post a Comment