Monday, July 20, 2020

this is it

I can't sleep - duh!  This is it!  I can't help but sing this stupid country song, although these lyrics do make sense for today:

This is it, this is now, this is what I've been talking about
Looking out, can't you see forever?
Take my hand, just take it in
This is a moment we won't forget
On top of the world, here, together

Mom and I are scheduled to get out of here by 445.  Knowing us, both up well before our alarms, we will likely leave early.  It can't hurt to get a head start! 

Getting to sleep was pretty difficult last night.  I think we were all reeling a little bit for what is to come today.  Mom slept with me and Jacob with Meade so that we wouldn't bother them getting ready.  Constant vibrating from my phone didn't help me get to sleep, but it did help to ease my mind.  Friends and family aware of what today is have reached out to offer their thoughts and prayers.  It has been so nice to have such amazing people surrounding all of us at this time!

Thankfully, I am feeling pretty peaceful.  While there is a little anxiety underneath it all, it isn't bad and something that I think is absolutely normal.  Soon enough, we will depart this home, in search of new beginings and to create a beautiful family.  I have put everything I have into this for the last 10 months, four weeks, or 333 days.  I want nothing more than to see Bethany a mama and Phillip a daddy in ten more months.  ALL of us, together, are going to make it happen.  Today, this is it.  This is where the next part of the journey begins, leading to the sweet cherub these parents so deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment