Wednesday, July 1, 2020

not-so-delicate excitement

I feel awful that I am posting this, but I think this realization stings a little bit - for all of us.  After my appointment yesterday I immediately texted Bethany and let her know that the appointment went well and that I even had 16 eggs, which is irrelevant.  A couple of hours later when Bethany hadn't responded, I realized that I just sent information that made no difference to us on this journey but could make Bethany potentially feel like less of a woman because the lack of eggs was one of her issues.

I immediately texted to say I was sorry I was so inconsiderate.  I didn't think but I have to remember that so much of this journey brings back awful memories for Bethany and there are some things I should keep to myself so that I don't indirectly hurt her feelings.  

4 comments:

  1. You are so sweet, but I am sure Bethany only feels gratitude for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so, but you know, I felt awful. Thanks, Steve!

      Delete
  2. I know so... Take care and be well.

    ReplyDelete