Monday, August 10, 2020

6901

The bloodwork this morning confirmed that my beta is at 6901 - increasing perfectly based upon the doctor's thoughts!  When the nurse called, I asked about next steps.  Apparently the doctor on call Saturday said I should get an OB ultrasound this week, whereas Dr. Nair had initially said next week.  With the great beta level, I can go for the ultrasound next week, which was a relief.  I made the decision not to go to DC for it because it was evident Bethany was not going to be able to go in with me.  Therefore, I got in touch with the RVA office and scheduled one for Wednesday because the Dr. that I liked would be performing the ultrasounds that day.  The one I had scheduled for Tuesday was with the miserable, drab doctor and if at all possible, I would like to avoid him at all costs.  

When I let Bethany know of the results and next steps, she mentioned how awfully worried she had been all weekend.  I felt awful.  This is why I didn't want her to know, but she deserves to know.  The results we received Saturday were not enough to put her mind at ease.  Today's results did that, thank God!  Also, I have not bled at all since Saturday, which is another blessing.

Everything is going well, despite the craziness this past weekend.  And now, more than ever, Bethany and I are on the same page.  I guess something like this was bound to happen - I am glad we got it figured out with a positive ending for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment