Wednesday, August 12, 2020

lentil

Our sweet baby (sorry, I take some ownership, but really this baby is in no way mine even though I am more and more in love with it every day) is at 6 weeks gestation today!  Woohoo!  The little lentil-sized fetus is keeping me on my toes.  Well, maybe my body in response to this little thing is keeping me on my toes?  Regardless, it is ALWAYS something.  

Now that I can laugh about it, last night was frightening!  Every three days, I take the progesterone in oil shot directly to the muscle in my bottom.  I ice it a little bit inject the medicine, put a band aid on and go on with my evening.  It never really hurts that bad.  There have been a couple of occasions where my leg and bottom get sore, but that is rare.  Last night, as I went to remove the needle, blood was squirting from the hold.  I mean squirting, all over the middle of the kitchen floor.  I used my hand to try and stop it so then it started drenching my underpants.  Jacob was trying to get the kids upstairs so he freaked out a little bit.  Meade almost turned green and out of sheer concern, she looked at me with the saddest eyes and said "Mama, your bottom is hurt."  It wasn't hurting at all.  She helped to calm me down, though, because I had to get my shit together for her.  I frankly said it doesn't hurt, it is just where the medicine went in and it is bleeding a little (yeah, A LOT more than a little, but she didn't need to know that).  The first thing Meade asked about this morning was my bottom and the first thing she told the daycare teacher at drop off was about how my bottom had a lot of blood coming out of it (that was fun trying to explain).

Once it finally stopped bleeding, I had to spend 10 minutes just cleaning up my bottom, my leg, my hands, the floor, changes clothes - all that jazz.  I texted Bethany to let her know and I think I freaked her out, too.  I posted something on the facebook group and any response I got was confirmation that it happens from time to time.  Good news there!  Just a little glimpse into my crazy world right now!  And yes, while some of this is challenging, there is no where else I would rather be in life than in the midst of all of this craziness!

So, here is an update on the lentil itself!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Super scary....but what a sweet little nurse you had to check up on you the next day! Glad all seems to be back on track now~

    ReplyDelete