Tuesday, August 4, 2020

damned door bell

Twice during calls yesterday the damned door bell rang.  First, it was my meds, as expected.  Packages are usually fun until you know it's more oral pills, vaginal inserts, and progesterone in oil along with very large needles.  Got those off the porch and went back to work - they were expected.  

When the doorbell rang again, I was confused.  Maybe there were two separate shipments of meds?  I didn't open the box to check it out, so maybe?  I opened the door to see this beautiful arrangement on the porch.  

Wow!  I quickly opened the card to read "Congrats on the big step forward!  Wishing you good health, comfort, and no morning sickness."  But there was no name?  The florist was in Ashland, so I wondered if maybe Phillip's mom sent them?  I had no idea.  I called the florist's card.  They informed me it came from an Emily Tulli.  Ah, of course!  Em has been there for us since day one and I suppose I could expect nothing less of her.  The gesture of taking the time to send flowers was beyond incredible as she is working full time from home with two children - been there and I will not go back unless I absolutely have to.

Please note, until a few years ago I have NEVER been a flower person.  I still can't justify the expense in having flowers delivered, but I often peruse the half off section at Kroger to see if there is anything that may have a week of life left that I like.  This little arrangement is perfect.  What I really love about it is that there are so many different varieties of flowers and many of which have not yet bloomed - that means that if I can remember to keep it watered, it should last a while!

It's those small acts of kindness that mean so much in the scheme of things.  I have smiled many times walking through the kitchen today seeing these bright beauties amidst the drab hurricane that is offering no light from the windows!

1 comment:

  1. How lovely~What a kind gesture on my daughter's part :o).....And glad to know that you are more of a flower fan than you once were. I'll keep that in mind~
    Take care, Julia Meade~xo

    ReplyDelete