Wednesday, August 26, 2020

finding tranquility

Today, managing my routine and staying calm is of utmost importance.  I am feeling good!  I slept pretty well.  All of which raise their own questions as to if I truly am still pregnant.  But, who knows?  That doesn't matter right now.  The few times I did wake up, I know that I was coherent enough to ask God to hold us all tightly today and beyond.  Right now, I need to ensure I focus on work and being present for that until my appointment at 145.

The morning started like most - I got in my five miles.  The first two on my own, talking to God.  The last three with my dear friend.  She keeps me grounded - doesn't ask questions but lets me speak freely if I need to.  Offers her perspective and is never judgmental.  We joked several times about how we felt as if we were just as winded as a few weeks ago, yet our time to complete the walk has drastically increased!

After the kid routine and before work starts in a few minutes, I took some time for myself.  I drew a bath and found a bath bomb that still had the Kroger clearance sticker on it from probably two years ago.  I never felt like there was the perfect time to use it, until I saw it today.  Before I knew it, that little, light pink, fizzing ball had turned the water a beautiful pink and everything was glittering (I can't wait for Jacob to step in the shower this evening - he is going to think a unicorn shit all over the place)!  It was mesmerizing!  I tried to take a picture but they just didn't come out well.  Thus, I took a short video instead that showed the beautiful water around my body.  I relaxed for several minutes until I realized that I had 10 minutes to get out, update this blog, and start my workday.  However, here we are and I am right on time.

No matter what happens today - every little thing, will be alright!

No comments:

Post a Comment