Monday, August 3, 2020

beta double?

As you may recall, my beta level Friday was 352.  Based on all I have read, that level should double with today's bloodwork.  Well, leave it to my body to say 700 is wayyyy too low.  Let's make an impact and triple the number, or maybe even try to quadruple it?  Here it is, my friends - beta today is at a solid 1271.  I was a little dumbfounded and asked the nurse if that was okay and all she kept saying was that it is "very nice."

From here, I need to schedule a sonogram (ultrasound) for August 17th for a heartbeat check.  I think I will be about 6.5 weeks at that time.  Also, Doris was quick to say that she didn't really understand but Dr. Nair asked if I could have her do the ultrasound if at all possible.  I told her that I would have to figure things out, but it is possible I could drive to Northern Virginia if absolutely necessary.  Doris didn't have any further information, but my mind started going a mile a minute!

Maybe if Dr. Nair does it, she will allow Bethany to sneak in the back door?  Maybe if that isn't the case, she will allow us to FaceTime during the procedure?  There's no telling, but if there is any possibility of Bethany/Phillip being able to go in with me, I will make that drive again and again.  This is their baby, I am just babysitting for a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment