Saturday, August 29, 2020

grief and peace

I had a rough night last night.  I had a hard time sleeping.  Bethany and I were texting late into the night and I woke up really sad.  I went downstairs and cried to my dad in the garage a little bit.  I think that while I am definitely at peace with everything, that doesn’t mean I am not upset and I need to go through the grieving process.  Once I talked myself through that, I started feeling better, allowing myself to cry and feel those emotions that I am experiencing.  I think that being at peace makes it easier, but it doesn’t take the feelings away.

I spent the day pretty cranky and very very tired.  I have no patience which isn’t fair to anyone.  I have to keep telling myself to take a deep breath, walk away and cry if I need to or just close my eyes for a second.  No one else deserves to be at the receiving end of me not feeling well.

Bethany reached out today asking if she could stop by in the morning on her way back to Northern Virginia.  I am so thankful I will get to see her!

No comments:

Post a Comment