Sunday, August 30, 2020

social distracting

Bethany’s visit was perfect.  There were tears and smiles.  We are in a good place.  She brought me way too many gifts (bath bombs, at least those will get used in no time!), and I sent her hope with flowers and supper for her and Phillip.  It was wonderful to be able to hug her – we hadn’t seen each other since the transfer in July. 

Jacob had scheduled to have a family over to play.  Our friend, Lindsay, has been texting often to check in.  She and her husband have two children, too, a son Gregory’s age and a daughter Meade’s age.  It works out perfectly!  I let Jacob take care of the logistics as I am not good for much these days.  They came over around 11 and we had lunch ready for all of us.  It was such a lovely time.  We sat outside while the kids played, had lunch, and transitioned inside.  The kids played so well together, it was like there was no need for them to leave.  We joked about them staying for supper.  

While the adults were hanging out, I had to remove myself often to go to the potty.  The bleeding was getting pretty intense, but nothing I couldn’t handle.  I had to change shorts a couple of times due to leaking, but again, it was so nice to have the distraction of good friends and kids that were playing well together.  They ended up staying for supper and I am so thankful.  I am glad I was able to be distracted from what my body was going through for several hours that day.  I didn’t really realize how bad I was bleeding until after they left.  It was pretty bad.  I was getting large clots often and taking pictures to send to Bethany (she wants to experience what I am going through as much as possible).  I didn’t get them all, but I think I sent her pictures of at least 5 clots that were the size of the palm of my hand.  On top of the loss of blood, the cramping was pretty bad, too.  I took Motrin but it wasn’t cutting it.

As I laid in bed, on a towel, I called my mom almost in tears.  I had no idea this is what the miscarriage experience was like.  I feel awful for everyone that has had to endure this. I let her know about my constant bleeding and my pain.  She told me to call the RN on call and let them know what I was experiencing and see if they could call something in and what I should do moving forward.  The nurse wasn’t able to say much.  She couldn’t give me anything for pain.  She directed me to go to the ER if I was going through a heavy pad or more in an hour.  I am pretty sure I was.  I stood in the shower and there was a constant stream of blood.  If it stopped, there was a big clot to come out and then it would resume.  I didn’t want to get out of the shower because there was no way to get out, put a pad and underpants on before bleeding all over the bathroom.

The nurse did say she was putting in orders for me to have an ultrasound in the morning at SGF and see what my next steps are.


No comments:

Post a Comment