Sunday, October 31, 2021

finally, rest

Brittany gave me the sleeping med at the beginning of her shift last night and it helped tremendously.  While she came in and out to keep me going on the pain meds, I was able to get right back to sleep.  I still had to have more meds for the itching, too.  Apparently this will go away soon and is a side effect of the epidural meds.  

Around seven this morning, I was a little worried that Brittany had left.  I immediately pressed the call bell and asked if I could say goodbye to her before she left.  She said absolutely and that she wasn't going to leave without coming back in again - I think we were both happy.

Brittany came in and she even said she didn't ask this often but asked if she could give me a hug.  I was so delighted and welcomed a hug from her.  Like I said before, something clicked between the two of us and I was so comforted by her and wish we could continue to see each other and chat outside of the hospital environment.  That would be strange, though, and I didn't want to put her in that weird predicament so I never asked.

The way everyone is talking, we can discharge today.  While I think I definitely need more healing and rest, I want to be home for Halloween with the children tonight.  They have plans, but I would like to see them if at all possible.  The doctor came in around six am and was happy for me to go home.  She would send me with more pain meds as well as some of that sleeping medication.

I am thankful that I am on track with the physical healing and that I should be able to go home today.

No comments:

Post a Comment