Thursday, October 21, 2021

no dice

Phillip and Bethany went with me today to my last ultrasound.  My hope was that we would see that there was a lack of fluid or something to indicate we would need to deliver sooner rather than later.  That was really selfish of me because Bethany and Phillip really needed time to continue to unpack and get situated within their new home.

Even though I was a little disappointed, baby girl looks perfect and so does the pregnancy.  There was no need to go in for surgery earlier than planned.  God has me waiting on pins and needles for this beautiful day to come and we will be here when it is His time to meet this sweet girl.  The ultrasound tech also did a little bit of the 3D scan and gave Bethany and Phillip a couple of pictures.  Although not perfect due to the anterior placenta, they were more than we had been able to see in the past.  

After the ultrasound, we sat waiting for Dr. C and her nurse Charity is just as pleasant and amazing as always.  She noted that Phillip's face was so sad when he was told he couldn't come back.  Charity came back to us a few minutes later and said that she told her coordinator that dad needed to be in the room and that she was bringing in an additional chair as well as Phillip.  How nice!  That exceeded all expectations for our appointment today.  

I still hope that maybe we will need to go in this weekend for delivery, maybe even on Sunday - my birthday.  What a lovely event to share with this gal for the rest of my life!  One can hope, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment