Tuesday, October 26, 2021

having grace

The outpouring of thoughts, prayers, love, and support my family is experiencing right now is immeasurable.  I can't even get on Facebook to receive what friends are saying because it makes me too upset and I am trying to keep my shit together.

This morning, as the kids and I walked the normal loop before school, I asked "the ladies" that we see every morning to hold us all in prayer as we figure out life without Ricky.  They couldn't believe the news but were all willing to pray for us.  Then, sweet Mrs. Sally walked by.  She told me something that I have taken to heart.  She gave me a big hug and simply told me to "have grace with yourself."  I don't think I fully understood this notion until I started thinking about it and even looked it up.  

I am going to strive to live these next few days, giving myself grace - allowing myself to feel, forgiving those that need to be forgiven, remembering that no one is perfect, and passing no judgement.  This will be difficult as the emotions are all over the place, but I am willing to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment