Monday, October 18, 2021

signs of labor?

All night long last night, I thought for sure that this was it.  I was timing contractions between 15 and 20 minutes apart from about 1130pm until about 2am when I finally was so uncomfortable I decided to get in the shower.  If it we were getting the show on the road, I might as well shave my legs and my arm pits - that's the nice thing to do, right?  Even though when I got out at 2:30, I decided a small dose of melatonin was necessary to get a teeny bit of sleep before starting my Monday.

Today has been pretty rough.  I didn't walk.  I am having often, yet inconsistent contractions.  I am pretty sure little girl has dropped because when she moves, instead of feeling it below my boobs, I literally feel it just above my vagina.  I am not sure which is worse other than the fact that I had pretty much gotten used to the higher movement.  

I thought it was only fair to text Bethany and Phillip and let them know I was struggling.  I was pretty sure, though, by that time, today would not be the day.  Even though I was still clocking contractions, my mind wasn't focused on them so if I was on meetings and such, they weren't as noticeable.  The entire day I have been struggling - just so tired.  I think that good sleep is like a miracle drug - I need it and when I don't get it, everything is off.  Thankfully, the day at work wasn't too difficult and soccer practice tonight was a nice diversion to it all.  I have to say, I am enjoying going to soccer events.  The few other moms there are so nice and the kids are such a great group that play really well together.  

I am so hopeful to get some good sleep this evening and start anew tomorrow!  Maybe I will even venture out in the 4 o'clock hour to get a walk in (not too likely).

No comments:

Post a Comment