Monday, October 11, 2021

quick and easy appt

Even though we waited over an hour to see Dr. C today, it was a pretty quick appointment with no issues.  I will say it was strange to hear that the GBS, group B strep, test was positive.  I have not had this with either of my children so it was a bit of a surprise.  The good news is that the bacteria really can only effect the baby if they are premature (which we are just a few days away from full term).  Also, the fact that we are planning a cesarean the baby will not go through the vaginal canal so there is even less of a chance of exposure to the bacteria.  

Apparently, this is normal in about 30% of the population. I was told that the vagina is a breeding ground for bacteria and this is one of them.  Even though I haven't experienced bit before, I am not going to stress over it.  The only thing here is that Bethany and Phillip need to let the pediatrician know that I was positive so that if they need to run tests or if there are any health issues with baby they are aware of this up front.

Unfortunately, I have gained almost 10 pounds in two weeks.  Ugh.  Another reason I want to deliver sooner rather than later.  I know this is due to several things - not walking as much, having less self control for eating anything and everything, swelling due to this stage of pregnancy, having to pee all of the time but only able to pass drops if I am lucky, etc. Dr. C is very pleased with everything at this time and we will keep trudging along!  My prayer is to go a little early, but not until next week after Bethany and Phillip move down to Chesterfield.  Once that is done, and hopefully they are able to settle in a little bit, I think it is fair game.  Although this little girl makes that decision and we will take what we can get as long as we both are healthy!

It was a little odd to go to the appointment alone today.  Bethany and Phillip were able to be there via phone, but I am so used to having someone tag along.  It was strange at first, but since they were so backed up, I literally sat there without a phone in my hand and literally just checked out.  It was really nice not having to engage in conversation and relax a little bit.  Charity, Dr. C's assistant (who is really the most lovely, upbeat, sweetest girl) even mentioned how odd it was to be there by my lonesome. It ended up being just perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment