Friday, October 15, 2021

i just want to pee!

All week, it seems as though I have to pee all the time - every pregnant person can identify with that.  The issue is that when I try, I might only get a few drops out.  It is as if the baby is sitting on the valve that would release the urine from the bladder.  I have no idea if that make sense but that is the way my brain works.  I was up half of the night thinking I just wish I could go to the doctor and get a foley for them to empty my bladder and let me go on my way.  

I tried.  I emailed them to see if this was an option.  The nurse came back with a litany of questions to try to rule out a UTI or who knows what else.  I haven't had any pain, just the inability to go.  They asked me to come in for a urinalysis just in case, which I did.  The early indications showed no bacteria, which is great.  It did show a good amount of sugar, to which the NP that I saw asked about what I had eaten that day.  Oh, how embarrassing!  Normally, four out of five days a week I can say that I ate really healthy and even had a salad for lunch.  Well, not today!  I had to be honest.  I was mortified to tell her that I had Bojangles for breakfast and leftover Chinese for lunch.  Yep, it happened.  Not often, but today was bad.  I had to own it in case there were other issues.  Apparently, all of the carbs from that was a reason that there was a high sugar content in the little bit of pee I was able to expel.

Beyond that, there was nothing that they could do other than tell me to lift my belly when I sat down to pee.  I used to pee great in the shower, but even that hasn't worked well lately.  We shall see what lifting the belly does - I just hope I get some relief soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment