Friday, October 29, 2021

surgery prep

The nurse finally got my IV in to administer the normal antibiotics and fluids to prepare for surgery.  She got the heartbeat monitor on my belly and little girl still has a strong heartbeat.  The first IV try didn't go so well and I have a big contusion starting to develop on the inside of my right arm.  No big deal.  I think it was my fault as I have not been eating/drinking like I should and I am pretty sure I am dehydrated.  Just getting the needle through the skin was tough!

Phillip was up and waiting in the Mother Infant Unit to meet the baby when the time comes.  Mom and I had explained everything a million times to the nurse and the anesthesiologist that came in to go over the epidural.  Mom wasn't letting down - she told everyone that it has been an awful week of Ricky's death on top of 6 years of trying badly for Bethany and Phillip to have a baby so we needed both of them in the delivery room if at all possible.

The anesthesiologist said that she was okay with it (it is her decision) and she would confirm with her attending physician before saying yes.  Finally, we got the yes we were looking for!  Praise God!  Phillip came down to be with us the remainder of the time before surgery.  

The nurse asked if I had shaved my vagina recently and I said I hadn't.  So, she asked Bethany and Mom to leave the room so that she could do that.  Once she took a peek, she said that I didn't need any shaving and everyone was allowed back in.  It wasn't long before I had to say goodbye to mom and was taken back to the operating room.  Giving Mom a hug was difficult, but we managed.  Meanwhile, Bethany and Phillip were to scrub up and prepare for once the epidural was in.

No comments:

Post a Comment